Good news for me and everyone else who loved Game of Thrones the other night. The show has already been renewed for a second season. Over three airings on Sunday, the pilot had a combined 4.2 million viewers. Not outstanding, apparently, but not bad either. Here is hoping that the viewership will slowly increase throughout the first season as word of mouth spreads. There’s some fun stuff in the next book; I’ll really be looking forward to the Battle of Blackwater and Davos Seaworth.
Arya says watch!
If you haven’t watched the first episode yet, here are 5 reasons why you should jump right in:
- Cliffhanger ending. Or maybe cliff-falling ending. The pilot ends with a ten year old boy being shoved out of a tower window after he spies the Queen and her brother engaged in some inappropriate touching.
- Direwolf puppies with radar dish sized ears.
- Some really tremendous acting.
- An outstanding opening credit sequence that may be better than the one from Carnivale.
- Less exposition to sit through. Most of the major characters are introduced now, so the plot will really start picking up from here. Get into it now!